The American Medical Group Foundation (AMGF) released its Best Practices in Managing Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Compendium.
The Compendium includes case studies from medical groups, independent practice associations, academic practices, and integrated delivery systems that have incorporated the management of COPD into their chronic care models.
The case studies outline the particular interventions and how they worked to make progress towards the following common goals:
- Early identification and diagnosis of patients at risk for or currently suffering with symptoms of COPD
- Improved medication adherence and compliance
- Continuity of care across settings and transitions of care
- Increased ability to self-manage symptoms and disease progression through healthier lifestyles
- Improved health and well-being, and patient satisfaction
- Improved physician/patient relationships
The case studies are available for download here.